Learn Beego, a golang webapp framework by building a microblogging application.
I have been learning Beego, a Golang framework, for developing web-applications. The best way to learn a tool is to blog about it. So here in this blog, I will be writing series of posts documenting my learning.
The Application I'll be developing a microblogging app as part of this learning exercise. I had developed such a tool, when I learned Django seven years ago (Source code of that tool is hosted here) I’ll be redeveloping that tool in Beego.
I will be covering these topics as I develop the tool:
- Introduction to BeeGo (installation, bee tool & directory structure)
- Views & Routes
- Database (ORM, models)
- Templates (pongo2 templates)
- User management (logins, sessions, user roles, profiles and avatars)
- Database Changes, including migrations
- Webforms & field validations
- Email notification to users
- Debugging techniques
- Unit Testing
- Deployment (Webfaction)
Under: #beego , #golang , #tutorial